Market introduction and future development of halogen-free flame-retardant PET masterbatch
Sanko Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Tokyo; President: Yoshiyuki Takagi) and Unitika Ltd. (Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Osaka; President: Shuji Ueno) have jointly developed a non-halogen flame-retardant PET masterbatch.
The global market for flame-retardant products is expected to grow by more than 5% annually until 2030, driven by increasing demand in fields such as textile products, electronic components, architectural products, and the automotive industry.
In response to this situation, Sanko Co., Ltd., and Unitika Ltd. will introduce the non-halogen flame-retardant PET masterbatch into the market and establish an aggressive sales system both domestically and internationally to foster new customer development.
Features of Non-Halogen Flame-Retardant PET Masterbatch
- Flame-retardant masterbatch of polyester, which is copolymerized with a high concentration of non-halogen flame-retardant components.
- Offers two types with different concentrations of flame-retardant components.
- Can be blended in any ratio with base resin (PET, PBT, etc.) depending on the application and flame retardancy requirements.
- Easy to blend with the base resin and exhibits good dispersibility.
- No bleed-out of flame-retardant components, no degradation of the performance of fibers or molded bodies.
- The recommended blending amount to exhibit flame retardancy is approximately 15% to 35%.
Safety (as a master resin)
- Listed in the positive list system for food utensils, containers, and packaging.
- Registered under the Chemical Substances Control Law (7-2594).
With the introduction of the non-halogen flame-retardant PET masterbatch into the market, we will strive to promote its adoption in clothing textiles, interior-related materials, industrial materials, films, sheets, and molding applications. In addition, we will continue to pursue customer development not only domestically, but also in Asia, Europe, and North America.